- Ride Guide
- Rider Tips
- Be at your departing stop five minutes prior to the scheduled time.
- Stand next to the bus stop sign and ensure that you can be seen. Operators only stop the bus when a person is visible at the bus stop.
- If you are waiting at the bus stop when it is dark outside, help ensure that the bus operator can see you in time to stop by: standing right next to the bus stop sign, wearing light/bright/reflective clothing, or shining a cell phone or flashlight toward the ground as the bus approaches.
- Have exact fare or pass ready prior to boarding the bus. Operators are unable to provide change.
- Use the rear door to exit the bus when possible.
- Do not cross the street in front of the bus. Wait until the bus has passed before crossing the street.
- Purchase a multi-day pass (7-Day or 30-Day) by visiting the Customer Service Center & Ticket Office at the Williamsburg Transportation Center.
Winter Rider Tips
- Wear layers to maximize your comfort at the bus stop and on the bus.
- Use BusTime to track your bus and wait inside a building, if possible, until the bus is five minutes out from arrival.
- Wear a warm jacket, hat, gloves, and a scarf to the bus stop to keep warm on cold days. Have your fare or pass out and ready so you can board the bus as quickly as possible when the bus arrives.
- Eating, drinking, and unsealed containers are not allowed on board the bus. However, it is a good idea to buy a seal-able and leak proof travel mug or thermos and drink your hot beverage while you are waiting outside at the bus stop.